The DuPage Airport Authority contracted with CH2MHill for a 5 year retainer to provide On-Call Engineering services for repair and improvement projects at DuPage Airport in West Chicago, Illinois. Ardmore provides survey services for design projects and construction engineering services for construction projects. The scope areas include runway, roadway, taxiway, and hangar pavement repairs and rehabilitation for both HMA and PCC pavements, including removal and replacement of PCC combination curb & gutter at various locations. Repair/rehabilitation consisted of partial and full depth reconstruction/patching including new granular base course placement and subgrade remediation.
Specific duties include:
- Identify, mark in the field, and document all pavement repair areas/limits.
- Recommend repair/remediation schemes.
- Observe, measure, and document contract quantities.
- Review shop drawings submittals, construction materials submittals, and QC/QA submittals.
- Create contractor payment recommendations
- Review and process contractor payment requests
- Liaison between contractor and Airport Authority personnel