As a sub-consultant to the Owner’s Representative, ARCADIS, Ardmore provided Project Management services for the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Expansion and Renovation project. The new construction of the 12-level concrete and steel structure above the existing parking garage added 465 hotel rooms and office space. New canopies, an enclosed pedestrian bridge connecting the new and existing hotel spaces, a Business Center, renovated board rooms, meetings spaces and expansion of the existing Health Club was also among the scope of work items for this project. Ardmore provided the following services during bidding, design and construction phases of the project:
- Assisted ARCADIS and MPEA (Owner) in the review and evaluation of the design-build proposals.
- Provided written evaluations and recommendations for selection of design-builder.
- Reviewed in progress construction documents and provided comments on compliance.
- Monitored and facilitated design coordination between all parties.
- Reviewed backup for design deviation costs to ensure accuracy.
- Reviewed the design-builder’s Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Safety programs and made corrective recommendation accordingly.
- Attended weekly site logistics meetings and helped coordinate issues that arose.
- Attended weekly OAC meetings, recorded detailed notes and followed -up on pending issues.
- Conducted daily site walk-throughs of all areas under construction and prepared daily status reports complete with photographs .
- Reviewed monthly applications for payment from all trades and attended review meetings to coordinate any open items.
- Prepared monthly executive project report.
- Monitored field QA/QC and coordinated resolution to non-compliant items.
- Monitored and facilitated completion of punch list work.
- Attended MEP coordination meetings and followed-up on outstanding items.
- Monitored RFI’s with possible cost impacts.
- Assisted MPEA with development of signage package; coordinate design and installation.
- Assisted in documentation control effort.
- Prepared and updated Hyatt milestone schedule.
- Worked with the design-builder and consultants to exceed project objective and obtain LEED Gold rating in lieu of Silver.