Assists CTP and the CTA’s QA Department with ensuring construction managers, external design consultants and construction contractors adhere to and effectively implement the quality
management system (OMS) requirements set forth by CTA, FTA, and ISO.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Performs OMS and project process audits which include:
- Plans and prepares for internal audits;
- Conducts audits to verify effective implementation of the OMS and processes;
- Completes detailed audit records and reports;
- Conducts and reports follow up actions based on audit results.
- OMS and project process audits.
- Collaborates with construction managers and participates in construction contractor
- Provides QA and QC oversight of consultants and contractors, in9luding active construction project site visits.
- Performs FTA and contract required reviews of various submittals including consultant and contractor quality programs, test and inspection plans, construction process plans, qualification submittals, audit reports, test procedures, etc.
- Represents the QA Department at various project-related meetings including preconstruction, pre-activity, project progress, and quality meetings.
- Assists with the preparation of OMS documents and training materials. Performs both group and one-on-one training. Performs activities to maintain CTA’s ISO 9001 registration.
- Supports project closeout activities, including documentation reviews.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and project team in a proactive and positive manner whether through verbal, written or presentation format.
- Familiarity with CT A policies and procedures.
- Strong understanding of ISO 9001 standards and requirements.
- Strong understanding of risk analysis related to all phases of a project lifecycle.
- General knowledge of FTA Safety and Security requirements.
- General knowledge of various construction trades, materials, and techniques.
- Strong computer and software skills. Experience with webbased project management systems and Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills for internal/external communication.
- Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with other CTA departments and contractors.
- Ability to read and interpret regulations, contract specifications, and drawings.
- Working knowledge of quality management principles to include both quality assurance and quality control.
- General knowledge of trend and data analysis.
- Strong knowledge of auditing methods and principles.
- Ability to perform all QA/QC functions in a professional, ethical and objective manner.
- Ability to work with sensitive information while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Ability to evaluate and verify nonconf arming conditions, root causes, and corrective action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field, plus four (4) years of experience in quality assurance and/or construction, or a combination of education
and experience related to this position.
- Professional certification and/or formal training as a Quality Auditor or Quality Engineer strongly preferred.
- Planning, leading and documenting quality compliance audits.
- Must possess or be able to obtain CTA Rail Safety Training certification.
- Must possess a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
If interested in applying, please contact Michael Houston, Vice President of Operations- Institutional at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.