Assistant Contracts Administrator will report to Manger of Contracts Administration in administrating issues associated with construction contract management, project administrative policies and procedures in accordance with the Contract, Client’s General Policies and Procedures, and other applicable governing manuals in the OMP program.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement the overall Quality Management Program Plan (QMP).
- Providing direction to staff and subcontractors on the QA/QC program.
- Maintains quality standards by validating processes, approving incoming materials, and finished products; recording and documenting quality results.
- Develop quality program metrics to monitor and trend the project’s contractual requirements, and to maintain the standard of excellence established by the Project Team.
- Providing training of personnel to ensure awareness of quality procedures and specific responsibilities in the QA/QC process, including the interface and response to audits such as those conducted by the client or third parties.
- Coordinating quality issues between design and construction teams.
- Examining all submittals for quality assurance that all the documents have gone through quality control and are in compliance.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records establishing, implementing and updating the Quality Management Plan (QMP).
- Develops, reviews and approves, if required, documentation related to product and process quality such as Construction Quality Procedures (CQPs) and checklists, technical deliverables, and test procedures and plans.
- Recommends and verifies effective implementation of corrective and preventive actions for project non-conformances and quality issues, in coordination with Project and Quality Management, design, engineering, construction and other functional disciplines.
- Approves incoming, in-process and finished materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in the management of quality control & quality assurance (QA/QC) programs.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
- Construction Quality Management for Contractors Certification desired.
- Experience with Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build construction programs.
- Experience in personnel management, and staffing and scheduling.
- Experience in all facets of engineering, design in the areas of horizontal and vertical construction.
- Experience in civil/structural, building envelope, mechanical, electrical, l&C, with respect to construction quality.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels required.
- Proven leadership development.
- Recent experience successfully leading large complex QA/QC programs.
- Experience in contractor, consultant and vendor management.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, hands-on, start-up work environment.
- *Applicants must be from the Chicago area.
If interested in applying, please contact Weston Parker, Vice President of Operations – Infrastructure at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.