Office: Orlando, FL
- Manage preconstruction phase to include estimates, drawings, scope of work, subcontractor scopes and buyout
- Develop and execute all subcontracts and purchase orders
- Develop and provide Superintendent with drawings, scope of work, critical contact information, cost control information, job contact list and subcontract / purchase order agreements
- Schedule pre-job conference with subcontractors / suppliers to review scope of work
- Communicate with the Superintendent daily advising them of any changes or clarifications in the work
- Work with the project team to create and update the project schedule weekly. Review schedule and critical subcontractors / suppliers to ensure they are on schedule and material will arrive on time.
- Expedite and control RFI and Submittal process to keep contract schedule on track.
- Visit each job weekly or more frequently if needed to observe job progress.
- Assist with monitoring jobsite safety
- Review job costs and labor hours with the Superintendent weekly
- Document all schedule delays and update project schedule to project the delay
- Document and communicate all change orders immediately
- Keep change requests up to date in appropriate software for both owner and subcontractor / supplier requests
- Hold weekly jobsite meetings with team. Document all discussions in meeting minutes.
- Submit monthly progress billings to accounting. Compare job costs to progress billings to ensure positive cash flow.
- Submit timely and accurate cost to complete reports monthly.
- Manage project close out to include O&M manuals, as built drawings, warranty letters and close out reports.
- 8+ years construction management experience in construction management required. Prior experience working within aviation sector is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) in state of Florida or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential is preferred.
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Primavera P6 estimating software and MS Office products required. Timberline experience preferred.
- Able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage cost, schedule, quality and safety on construction programs.
- Extensive experience in pre-construction and pre-scope stages along with preparing bid packages.
- OSHA certification preferred.
- Experience in LEAN building practices is preferred.