As a sub-consultant to the Construction Manager, Turner Construction Company, Ardmore provided construction administration services and engineering support for the construction of the New Residence Hall and Dining Facility at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign which, when completed, was in the top three largest dining facilities in the United States. The dining facility is a steel framed building with a masonry wall and some glass curtain walls. The Residence Hall # 1 – Phase A is a concrete reinforced building. The first floor of this residence hall is designed with a Beckwith system for the handicapped. Both the Dining Facility and the Residence Hall are LEED projects and comply with the requirements for LEED Silver Certification.
Ardmore provided full-time onsite supervision during construction. Ardmore’s responsibilities included conducting site inspections and walk-throughs with the construction manager on a weekly basis in addition to daily work inspections to ensure work completion in compliance to contract requirements and approved submittals. Ardmore also provided MEP engineering support and supervision throughout construction. During closeout, Ardmore was responsible for inspecting and confirming completion of punch list items prior to architect’s final inspection.
- Conducted site inspections with the construction manager on a weekly basis.
- Provided daily supervision including daily work inspections to ensure work completion in compliance to requirements.
- Reviewed architect’s responses to Requests for Information and ensured responses were reviewed and implemented by the trades during installation accordingly.
- Supplied information for monthly reports prepared by construction manager.
- Inspected completion of work and generated completion list to be completed prior to architect’s inspection.
- Inspected and confirmed completion of architect’s punch list items prior to architect’s final inspection.